Monday, October 23, 2006

If you could roll back one hour from your life, which hour would it be?

Well, if I could roll back time from my life, it would have to be more than one hour and encompass the time I've spent watching the worst movies ever made [i.e. French films]. And I'm talking the 'make you a lesser person by simply viewing' kind of bad movie, not the 'oh my god, not another Baldwin/Travolta film' kind of bad movie. This would include Twentynine Palms, Ma ma�re, Cache,Le Temps du loup and far, far too many more...

I swear to god, even thinking of these films makes me want to stab myself in the neck with an X-Acto knife and if I EVER see Isabelle Huppert in real life, I'm taking that woman down hard.

(From Consumating)

4 comments:

Anne Trumble said...

Come on Shaun, I think you're coming down a little hard on the tasteful, delicate, and gentle command of nuance of our french friends.

Driftwood said...

Hmmm... It sounds like someone wants to be forced to watch Twentynine Palms...

Anne Trumble said...

It can't be worse than Ma Mere. Why did we do that to ourselves?

Driftwood said...

Honey, Twentynine Palms makes Ma mere look like a well written and enjoyable children's fairy tale...

And I don't know why we did... It hurt so good?