Friday, October 06, 2006

A space of my own...

BEFORE:


DURING:


AFTER:


Here it is. Still need to get the PC setup and I've got no pin-up or layout space but those are problems I can deal with when I get to them. I'm pretty excited about being able to sit down and getting to work on the thesis.

I'll be taking it easy this weekend though. My cousin [who used to live across the driveway as we were growing up] and his wife are visiting from California and there's a BIG family get-together and turkey dinner at my grama's place [which is also right across the driveway] all day tomorrow. And Sunday I think I'll look into seeing if I can't whip up a solution to computer/layout space out in my dad's workshop--even if it's just setting a door on a couple sawhorses.

If you've got any creative pin-up, layout, or workspace ideas, leave a comment!

4 comments:

ange said...

You should definitely get one of those desk thingys from IKEA that has wheels and goes over your bed. Seriously. Then you would of course have to get a swanky smoking jacket and drink everything out of a martini glass while working. I think it's a fantastic idea.

Driftwood said...

Hahaha... Nice. The only problem with that is it requires me to purchase something. I honestly can't afford to do that at the moment though...

HOWEVER... It would be wonderful to take my family on a trip to IKEA and introduce them to the Swedish meatballs, frozen yogurt, and endless usable awesomeness that is accessible contemporary modern design...

Anne Trumble said...

.............that lasts for 1 year to the purchase date.

You forgot to mention the hotdogs. 75 cents. Hey, how come computers don't have a 'cents sign'? For some of us, it would be rather useful in discussing out finances.

ange said...

I just bought some disposable furniture today! Yay IKEA! I now have a fabulous dresser (well, 2 little lovely dressers that combine into 1 fabulous uber dresser). I'm stoked. Yes stoked. No hot dogs or yogurt though...:-(