Monday, September 04, 2006

And first... A confession.



Okay, so this is my first foray into the wide, wonderful, weirdly web-tastic world of the Blogsphere. It comes at a time of great upheaval in my life. It shall be, I hope, a contemporary way to maintain my sanity, reach out to my friends from afar, and provide an outlet to certain mediocre frustrations that I'm sure to experience in the coming months.

For the last 4 years, I've been living in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada. It's been a rather impressive chunk of life that, unfortunately, was in no way cheap or easy. So, for a variety of unaviodable reasons, I'm returning home to America. The Midwest, actually. To the heart of the Great Lakes State of Michigan. To live in the same village, the same home, that I grew up in and left that fateful day in August, over 4 years ago. If you were here besides me, I'd point to a place a little to the right of the middle of my right palm. Because that's what you do if you've ever lived in Michigan. If you were an attractive woman, I might even be so debonaire and dashing as to take your right hand in mine, turn it up gently, and point to that location on your own hand.

But, imagine my consternation when, whilst establishing the foundation for a blog that will become a bastion of hope and light and general non-craziness in my life, something terribly and devilishly tradegic happens...

You see that picture there? That's Melissa Appleton. I know her in no way beyond the image you see posted here, stolen so heartlessly from the Blogger template preview pages. But I know she's a remarkable and beautiful human being. And I'm very much in love with her. Well, not really. And I highly doubt that her real name is Melissa Appleton at all. I'm just being a tad dramatic. Honestly, I've got enough people hang-ups in my life right now to last me to the end of time and back again. [If such a trangression against the physics of space and time were truly possible.] Oddly enough, it's those hang-ups which are the single biggest reason I don't wish to leave. Or, in some cases, wish to be following with considerably more attention and sincerity.

And that, folks, is the precident upon which this blog is set...

4 comments:

kaylafornia said...

shaun!!! i'm sad too so i made a blog and we can be pathetic "i miss vancouver" blog buddies!!! woohoo, now we have something to live for :P

Anonymous said...

Yay for first blog entry! Can't believe you didn't put more pix up... btw, T&R wuz here. ;)

Anonymous said...

Are you insane?

Driftwood said...

Who? Me?

I don't think so... Why do you ask?