Monday, September 18, 2006

Oh bother!

Well, I've spent this rather cool, wet, and dreary Michigan morning searching the World Wide Web for a part-time job.

There is, for lack of a better word, nothing available according to those resources that fits my particular profile and desperation. I'm about to shuffle off and de-stress with a hot shower [ooooooh! soooo sexy!] and then have lunch. I'll look through the help wanted ads of the Flint Urinal as I do so. I figure, that's a far more sensible avenue to take when looking for part-time, local work, but I did want to put in an effort looking more generally for a job that would better fit my particular interests and field of study. All is not lost, because after lunch I plan on navigating that all important, professionally wise, socially awkward ladder to the professional world we all know as...



NETWORKING!!



But it's not so bad as all that. Just going to send out some feelers to those I know in both academia [to my undergrad program and the writing center] and the professional world. Wish me luck!

No comments: