Monday, September 18, 2006

Hello. My name is Shaun, and I'm an alcoholic...

*sigh*

I haven't had a drink in 12 days.

It's driving me crazy. Well, not so much the lack of alcohol. That's merely an unfortunate side effect. I'm feeling on this still dreary, still cool, still wet day, rather frumpy. I miss all my friends in Vancouver. I've added a quote to the bottom of my page, from that crazy French author dude, Francois de la Rouchefoucald, the creator of such gems as:

"Confidence does more to make conversation than wit."
"One is never as happy or as unhappy as one thinks."
"There are heroes in evil as well as in good."
and
"We are all strong enough to bear the misfortunes of others."


I find myself quite delerious from the isolation here. I'm rather unhappy living in such a small fishbowl... For I have learned, in the last month, that I have been quite blind to the importance of my friends in my life, and have on many occasions, used my time with them quite unwisely.

2 comments:

Anne Trumble said...

good god - get this boy some Fin Du Monde. FAST!!!!!!!

Driftwood said...

Yes, please!

And then come drink it with me!