Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Reece's Pieces for everyone!

Well, for the first time since since getting back home, I went into "town" today. "Town" is in quotation marks, because it's not really a town that we go to. Flint Township is, like so many other countless across America, a vast, sprawling, retail breeding ground which seems to be catering to an ever aging, ever fatter demographic with nothing really to do but shop when there's nothing on TV.

I did my part though, whilst at SAM'S Club, by buying a massive 80lb bag of Reece's Pieces for $5.00. Ironically, we ran into my grandparents at SAM'S as well. It was ironic, because they live right across the driveway, but since I've been buried in my room for extended lengths of time, I haven't seen them since last Friday. Well, after we clean out SAM'S Club, and I tear open my bag of candy, after 3 hand fulls [which is about 1 handful less than what you'd get in a single-serving snack bag of Reece's Pieces] I was pretty much done with eating them, so we stopped on the way home to get some bananas because the back of the bag suggested that I should "squish Reece's Pieces into a banana for a crazy change." I thought, "Hell yeah!" I made a rather phallic little snake monster by smooshing the Reece's Pieces into the proper positions and consumed it with the half-hearted passion of a true believer in the food pyramid. It wasn't that great. My mother suggested that was due to the banana still being fairly ripe. I grumbled, "I guess..." I think she was bias because the snake monster banana kissed her before I ate it...

Holy crap... I think I need to see a psychiatrist...

Anyway, I do figure I shouldn't give up so quickly. It's not like I've got anything else to do after spending the whole day shifting about the mess of books and clothes and old children's toys.

2 comments:

ange said...

Okay, that may be the cutest story I've heard in a really long time. My favourite part? She may be biased because the snake monster kissed her before I ate it. I'm paraphrasing. You're funny.

Driftwood said...

Hmm... You might need to see the psychiatrist too...