Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Where do you spend more time: the real world or the dream world?



That's an interesting question...

You see, I sleep in such a way, that, upon waking, I rarely ever remember what it is I've dreampt. I would say, on average, I'll wake up between 6 and 12 times a year, in that half-dazed sort of manner that allows one's consciousness to continue to recall his curious thoughts of slumber. Half as many as those, continue to stick with me at any length. Thus far this year, I only have the image of my home--the woods and fields and hedge rows of Michigan--as if it'd grown through the centuries of man's habitation with the creation of many canals and inland seas and lochs and shallow marshes and the spectacular quality of light that the abundance of water gave to the area, as the hostile aliens searched for a fallen star, the Princess of the Galaxy. But while that image is quite fleeting, I do know that the length of time covered in that dream was, at the very least, a matter of some months passing. Perhaps longer. And despite it's fleeting nature, it still sticks, quite resolutely, in the front of my mind, some 4+ months after it's initial passing.

However, there are days spent awake and working, which are just as lost to me. The day of Sept. 17th, 2000, for instance, is just as blank and void as last night's quiet dreaming and each are far less memorable, than the white golden ponds of a canaled and invaded watery Mid-Michigan. So, who's to say the two worlds are so distinctly seperable? Where is the evening's dusk, and morning's twilight? What of those worlds?

(From Consumating)

No comments: