Thursday, September 28, 2006

Long ago, in a galaxy far, far away...

Well, I'm beginning to feel rather unproductive and sloth-like, despite the time spent cleaning my room, helping around the house, taking care of the animals, and searching for jobs. I think it's because despite the progress I've made, I'm still not done. I've got real problems with finishing things...

But anyway, I found a great little piece of work today. My journal from 1989! I was ten at the time. It's incredibly brief and only spans between June 29th and July 23rd, but the entries are delightful. I'm going to include a few of them here, as accurately as possible:

June 29, 1989 [First Entry]:

Blaines [Blaine is my cousin] last day here. We ate pancakes for breackfast. Went up town and to ambleaens staition. Man came to work on house. I think were going to Tawas Mi. We played in the mud. The recipy for mud soup is:
6 cp. of white dirt
2 cp. outside sandbox dirt
1 cp. water
I just got an ax and baseball cards from Grandpa. I made a birdfeeder, and helped dad.

July 3, 1989:

Tonight we are going to see "Honey I Shrunk the Kids. I just got a letter from my cousins the Hankinsons, the letter had a picture of a mouse on the front. Dan and Penny came over with baby Justin.
We are now leaving for the movies.
After the movies I got a Bubble gum Flurry.

July 7, 1989:

At 9:00 mom goes to get her nails done. After breakfast we go to Melissa's house [my aunt]. Then we went to town and got groushrey's. After we had lunch we went swimming. For dinner we are going to have Pizza Bread. I didn't get the Nerf Ping Pong set but instead I got a G. I. Joe that I've wanted for a long time, and four Meudiam sized sweet tarts. I hope I get my picture of the Titanic done so I can hang it up. I had half of a sub for dinner. Before bed I had a samdwich.

July 14, 1989:

I did not do much exciting things ! ! ! ! ! ! !!!!!!! !

July 16, 1989:

This morning I still had the pain in my stomache. I told mom and she said that I had a tempresure of 100.2 F. So I had some Tylanoll and I had to have a slush and some crackers, after that I felt better. Around lunch we went to the Heritig House [an up-scale restaurant], there I had some Sprite and SHerbert. Then whem we went out to the car threw up. So we stopped at a Party Store and got me some coke. But tonight I still feel sick.

July 23, 1989 [Last Entry]:

Today is the Ani [short for Anniversary, which I obviously couldn't spell, Party]. I hop I get a Lego set or computer game. Last night I went to bed at twelve o'clock. I've mainly stayed in where it cool. I finished my paint set.

No comments: